Friday, March 25, 2016

Family Prayer


To my kids, 

I want you to know how important prayer is for me and for our family. Prayer is how we are able to talk to God, to tell him of our trials and triumphs, of our struggles and joys, it is how we petition him for blessings that we need in our lives.

Prayer is an important part of marriage. When we marry in the temple we make covenants to each other and to God. He should be an active member of the relationship.

In my text book it says,
"Prayer is the means by which individuals may invite God to play an active role in their relationship...As individuals pray specifically for the well-being of their partner, they come to perceive their relationship with this person as being holy and sacred"
I truly believe that our Heavenly Father wants us to think of our marriages of being holy and sacred. 
 
Embedded image
(Image Source)
I am glad that we have been able to make family prayer a priority in our family. Even when there are arguments over whose turn it is to pray we all know that the important thing is that we do pray. It's been great to see how you guys learn to express yourselves when it is your time to pray. I have loved hearing Jay pray, when he tries to use the phrasing that dad or I use and it doesn't come out quite right, but we all know what he's trying to say.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/0c/c0/88/0cc088ee6b154fa77bbaf0450cc625db.jpg
(Image Source)

Please, when you have your own families, make sure that family prayer is a priority. Praying with and for each other can only bring you closer together.

Never forget that dad and I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment