Friday, March 25, 2016

Wholesome family recreation

To my kids, 

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c9/ac/18/c9ac18c3b422156222b21bb606d60fa7.jpg
Image source
I don't know about you, but whenever I hear that line from the Proclamation, "wholesome recreational activities" I think of being outdoors, camping, hiking, etc. All that stuff that we, as a family, haven't done much of in the last few years. Maybe it's where we live; Maybe it's how "busy" we've gotten; Maybe that's not really what it means!!

I love the time we are able to spend together. Yes, we may not be out hiking or bike riding, but I think having family game night at home is a great wholesome recreational activity. Also, as a family we spend a lot of time swimming. I loved the couple of years when all you guys were on the summer league swim team. That was a great way to spend some family time together. Actually I enjoy pretty much any time we are able to spend together as a family. It doesn't matter what we're doing as long as we are spending time together. Taking time to doing things together as a family helps us to grow closer to one another and can help us be happier in our family.
You were all so cute back then. Divisionals June 2012
I want you all to know how much I truly do love you. I am so glad I am your mom and I get to see you grow into righteous daughter and sons of our Heavenly Father. 

Never forget that your dad and I love you!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment