I want you all to know how important the temple and the covenants that your dad and I made there, are to me. Almost 24 years ago, your dad and I joined hands across the altar in a sealing room in the Salt Lake Temple and made covenants to each other and to God and started this wonderful eternal family of ours.
![]() |
| Some of the family and friends who joined us that day! |
Knowing that our family is able to be together forever because of the covenants we've made has made it easier to push through the tough times in our life. It also helps me to know that you guys will be able to be with us forever if you can also persevere.
I love that, for the last 10 years the Houston Temple has been within our ward boundaries. That is so amazing to me. Of course, with the most recent boundary change it is no longer the case, but I enjoy having it so close. I drive by it any time I have to take you guys to the doctor. I drive by it when I head to my part-time subbing job and the Methodist preschool. I will sometimes purposely take the route that goes by when I need to go somewhere on 1960. I love to see it!
I wish your dad and I had set a better example of regular temple attendance for you guys. I think we, like many others, fell into the "it's so close, we can go anytime" thinking...except we don't make the time to go as often as we should. In some ways, it was easier when it was a 3 hour trip down to Denver.
Andrew, I loved being there in the temple with you the first time you went before your mission. It was such a special, sacred event. I hope I am able to share that event with all of you kids!
I found this image on pinterest and it really struck me.
Here's an awesome quote from Elder Scott,
I love that, for the last 10 years the Houston Temple has been within our ward boundaries. That is so amazing to me. Of course, with the most recent boundary change it is no longer the case, but I enjoy having it so close. I drive by it any time I have to take you guys to the doctor. I drive by it when I head to my part-time subbing job and the Methodist preschool. I will sometimes purposely take the route that goes by when I need to go somewhere on 1960. I love to see it!
I wish your dad and I had set a better example of regular temple attendance for you guys. I think we, like many others, fell into the "it's so close, we can go anytime" thinking...except we don't make the time to go as often as we should. In some ways, it was easier when it was a 3 hour trip down to Denver.
Andrew, I loved being there in the temple with you the first time you went before your mission. It was such a special, sacred event. I hope I am able to share that event with all of you kids!
I found this image on pinterest and it really struck me.
![]() |
| Image Source |
It is so true. I'm not sure the covenants we make in the temple will help us if we don't return to our homes and keep them. We need to always be following what the Lord would have us do. And, if there is a time in your life where that just seems too hard to do, know that your dad and I will always be praying for you and holding strong to our covenants. Also remember, from my textbook,
The temple helps to lead us to our Heavenly Father and to more fully accept the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He came to sacrifice himself so that we all may live with him and our Heavenly Father again."Regardless of the nature of the trials faced in mortality, there is no greater comfort than the knowledge that the Savior's Atonement is for all humankind who will accept him."
Here's an awesome quote from Elder Scott,
Never forget that your dad and I love you!





No comments:
Post a Comment